1) Referee Clinic Sanction Form
Any person wishing to put on a referee clinic must fill out a Referee Clinic Sanction Form and mail, email, or fax it to the Referee-in-Chief in with the following information. (Form is available on previous page). No clinic will be sanctioned until all of the following are confirmed:
A) time, date, and place of seminar
B) name of CAWF representative
C) names of 3 confirmed evaluators
D) name of 2 confirmed table personnel
E) type of seminar being requested 'A' or 'B'
F) Seminar secretary
2) "A" CLINICS
In order to hold an 'A' Clinic whereby all levels of referees will be evaluated, at least two (2) Master referees and one (1) Level III referee must be present. Both Masters must have had previous experience evaluating a clinic. Also one of the evaluators must come from outside the province where the clinic is being held. No person can evaluate and be evaluated at the same clinic. Table personnel who will be acting out the various situations must have at least 3 years armwrestling experience.
"A" Clinics will only be held at Nationals each year.
Any person who wishes to be tested for the level of Master Referee must obtain a Master Referee Request Form from the CAWF. This form must be completed before being tested.
3) "B CLINICS"
In order to hold a 'B' Clinic whereby spotters, Level I, Level II and Level III referees will be evaluated, at least 1 Master Referee and two (2) Level III referees must be present and have had previous experience evaluating a clinic. No person can evaluate and be evaluated at the same clinic. Table personnel who will be acting out the various situations must have at least 2 years arm wrestling experience.
This will ensure consistency through-out the seminars and ensure that the C.A.W.F. standards are being met. These people will be responsible for all material being completed and returned to the C.A.W.F. Secretary.
5) The cost to enroll in a referee seminar will be as follows:
$40.00 First time
$20.00 to upgrade
6) Nationals will host a Referee Clinic for anybody wishing to become a Level III or Master referee only. This clinic will have a 10 person maximum by appointment only. Preference will be given to those least able to make a clinic.
7) The cost of hosting a clinic will be the sole responsibility of the Hosts. All monies collected from the clinic registrations fees will be split 50/50 between the hosts and the CAWF. This split will be after all reasonable expenses , such as hall rental, cost of bringing evaluators to the clinic, cost of paperwork, etc... All expenses must be verified. The C.A.W.F. will set up a separate bank account for this money so that it can be used for referee related costs. Refereeing will be self-sufficient. We will keep a separate set of books and have annual income statements made available at the general meeting at each Nationals.
8) Clinic Check List:
Before any clinic is held a "Referee Clinic Sanction Form" must be filled out and sent in.
You will need the following to host a Referee's Clinic:
1) A room large enough for the number of people expected. The room must be able to be sub-divided in order that the practical part of the clinic can be done in privacy. Two rooms would be ideal.
2) A television and DVD player. The television must be large enough for all to see clearly.
3) A minimum of 2 arm wrestling tables.
4) Three evaluators with the qualifications required for the type of clinic that is being held.
5) Two table personnel that have extensive arm wrestling experience.
6) A secretary to handle all paperwork.
a) Rules and Regulations
b) Video Test
9) Answers for Video and Written Tests
10) Practical Evaluation Forms
Three are needed for each participant. These forms are different for each level. Make sure you have sufficient forms for all levels being tested.
11)One each of the following are required for each participant:
a) CAWF Rules and Regulations
b) Comment Sheet
c) Draw Sheets
d) Guide to Refereeing
e) Injury Report
f) Master Referee Letter of Recommendation
g) Referee Clinic Applications
h) Referee Report
i) Referee Seminar Evaluation Sheet (3 for each person being evaluated)
j) Seminar Result Forms
j) Seminar Result Forms - Masters(if applicable)
k) Summarized Version of Rules
l) Tournament Information Sheet
m) Video Test Answer Sheets
n) Video Test Blank Sheets
o) Written Tests